SOA Architecture Review and Best Practices
We find customers often need assistance reviewing their architecture and implementation of the Oracle SOA components, with an eye toward best practices and improving their SOA maturity or Governance. The deliverable for these engagements typically includes a detailed document describing current state and recommendations, as well as an executive summary powerpoint and presentations. The scope of these engagements is flexible, and we have a custom methodology to draw out key issues and make recommendations within approximately three working weeks (usually spread over a slightly longer calendar time period).
Topics covered can include:
- Current state and architecture review
- Best practice recommendations, created custom per project based on tools you are using
- Shared services and governance recommendations
- Staffing and training recommendations
- Funding and organizational structure
- Providing analysis and recommendations for any internal open questions (e.g. when to use BPEL and when to use OSB, for your specific projects)
Strategy engagements can be as short as a few hours to provide recommendations or issue resolution. Middleworks can act as a “general contracter” to help you find SI partners with the skills in the specific components you are working with (e.g. SOA Suite / BPEL, OSB, B2B, etc). You can contract with those partners and we can help you manage and oversee projects. These projects often involve a few days of focused time up-front and then a few hours a month on an ongoing basis.
Benefits of engaging Middleworks for SOA Strategy include:
- Deep knowledge of the Oracle products, team, sales org and partner ecosystem but with an independent perspective
- A respected external voice to help resolve internal debates
- Low cost, flexible project assistance – we are small and nimble enough to provide quick, strategic help without a lot of overhead
- Work with both Oracle and non-Oracle technologies and help resolve cross-vendor issues or architecture
- Help navigate the complex set of Oracle resources and personnel who are involved in a typical project, facilitate resolution of support issues, etc
Middleworks can help you staff your SOA, BPM and other projects using Oracle Fusion Middleware technologies. As with the strategy engagements, Middleworks can either recommend mid-size SI partners who would be the best fit for you or can provide direct staffing for projects.